The NCS Performance Work Statement (PWS) broadly defines the requirements for NASA Communication Services (NCS) provided to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) by the Contractor in support of communication activities by all NASA Centers, Mission Directorates NASA Headquarters, including Component Facilities and Technical and Service Support Centers. This PWS is in accordance with the NASA Authorization Act of 1958, Section 203(a)(3), 51 U.S.C. § 20112(a)(3), which directs NASA to “provide the widest practicable and appropriate dissemination of information concerning its activities and the results thereof.”
NASA is looking to continue our work to effectively share NASA's stories. The focus of NCS services is strategic communications. This includes planning for a wide range of communications activities, developing messages aligned to agency goals and objectives, and facilitating collaboration and coordination. Here are the five communications goals that NASA is working toward:
• ENGAGE MORE PEOPLE MORE EFFECTIVELY: Execute strategies and tactics using our communications tools more effectively to ensure our agency priorities and stories engage and reach a higher number of people across our many audiences.
• EXPAND AWARENESS: Ensure outreach events and engagement connect with audiences outside of NASA’s traditional space community to expand awareness of aeronautics and space.
• INFUSE NASA INTO THE NATIONAL CONVERSATION: Capitalize on the opportunities for NASA to participate and get exposure in nation-wide conversations that have connections to the Artemis generation, our missions, work and people.
• FOCUS ON NASA’S VALUE: Effectively tell the stories that bring focus to NASA’s value in everyday life through humans living and working in space; scientific exploration and discovery; technological and aeronautical innovation; spinoffs; conducting of cutting-edge research and increasing commercialization of space.
• TRANSFORM COMMUNICATIONS: Continue to transform current methods of communications, internal processes, practices and delivery of services to ensure maximum effectiveness, efficiency and return on investment of our resources, people and work products.